Photobucket

Sunday, December 24, 2017

TEMPORARY BLINDNESS




“Saul picked himself up off the ground, but when he opened his eyes he was blind So his companions led him by the hand to Damascus.  He remained there blind for three days and did not eat or drink. Instantly something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he got up and was baptized.” — Acts 9:8-9,18 NLT


Three words spoke personally to my heart:

1-BLIND:  God knew that Paul was so fixated on the things around him that the only way to get him to see things differently was to have him fast from focusing on the tangible.  His sight of this world became a distraction.  


Saul’s blindness allowed God to reset his perspective.


2-SCALES:  I imagine scales to be like cataracts.  The things of this world  have made my vision cloudy and they dull down my eternal perspective.  Those scales keep me from seeing clearly.  As Saul fasted scales fell from his eyes and he REGAINED HIS SIGHT. 


Fasting (aka: temporary blindness) removes the scales so I can see a crisper eternal perspective



3-COMPANIONS:  I need sisters who love Jesus and love His Word!  I need them to walk with me.  We point each other back to the cross.  Isolation causes annihilation!  


We're Better Together!


I'm so thankful that I am not at the beginning of this journey.  God has been doing spiritual heart surgery for awhile now.  This struggle has purpose.  It's created intimacy with the Lord as I cry out and wait on Him.  There has been Holy Spirit change in my life...God has given me a desire to choose better, but what still needs work is how much I choose and when I choose it, and for what purpose.  Food was never created to satisfy my soul.  



I have to be temporarily uncomfortable so that God can permanently transform my mind...behavior will follow.


I love how God answers prayers.  Scott and I had been talking about doing a Whole30 reset diet, and as I was seeking the Lord for His will, I came to this story of Saul becoming Paul.  It spoke intimately and personally to my heart. 

Daughter, the only way to permanently remove love for anything besides me is to fast from it.  Saul had to be temporarily blinded to the tangible things around him so that God could reset his heart to see the unseen.  


"So we focus not on what is seen, but what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is UNSEEN IS ETERNAL" -- II Corinthians 4:20






No comments:

Post a Comment