Photobucket

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Chosen, Cherished...I'm HIS!



Even before He made the world.  God loved me and chose me IN CHRIST to be holy and without fault in His eyes.  God decided in advance to adopt me into His own family by bringing me to Himself through Jesus Christ.  This is what He wanted to do and it gave Him great pleasure.  So I praise God for the glorious grace He has poured out on me because I belong to His dear son.  He is so rich in kindness and grace that He purchased my freedom with the blood of His Son and forgave my sins. 
--Ephesians 1:4-8  (personalized)


This week is an exciting one! It's a time of reflection, celebration, and glorious goal setting. (I love dreaming and goals let me do that)  It's my birthday week and I want to spend time asking the Lord to show me where I've grown this past year and where I still need to grow.  I don't ever want to become complacent or comfortable.    I deeply desire to live my life with purpose for HIS Kingdom.  This world is not my home.  One day I will take my last breath and stand before my Savior.  Oh to hear Him say....well done, my daughter.  



This morning as I linger in Ephesians I see his holy hand in my life.  He adopted me, called me by name, wrote my name in His book!  In that moment I became HIS.  


My life is not my own.....


Because I am united with Christ, I have received an inheritance from God, for He chose me in advance, and He makes everything work out according to His plan.--Ephesians 1:11


Lord, let me spend my inheritance serving you and loving others in your name.  Teach me how to be courageous enough to share your gospel with those who are perishing.  Give me wisdom as a wife and a mother that my actions and words might draw my beloved's closer to you.  Thank you, Lord.  Thank you for choosing me.


You saw me before I was born.  Every day of my life was recorded in your book.  Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.  How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.  They cannot be numbered.  I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!  

-- Psalm 139:16-18
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment