Photobucket

Saturday, August 25, 2018

The Power And Importance Of Feeding Our Faith—Walk Our Talk Peter Study Week ONE❤️


OBSERVATION:

And through your FAITH, God is protecting you by His power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see.   So be truly glad.  There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while.  These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold.  So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 
 1 Peter 1:5-7 


PERSONALIZATION:

This week we found out that my mom has lung cancer.  It was a shock to us.  I’m thankful that I can rest in the fact that it was NOT a shock to God and that I can trust Him no matter how hard or difficult the situation might be.  HE IS FAITHFUL!  As I read through 1 Peter 1:5-7 here are some things God showed me this week:



1-Through my faith God is protecting me.

Q: What is faith?
A: Faith is the confidence of what I hope for and the assurance of what I DO NOT see. Heb 11:1
Q: How do I acquire faith?
A: Faith comes from hearing the message and the message is heard through the Word. Romans 10:17

2-God is protecting me (and you)

Q:  How does God protect us?
A:  By HIS POWER (It has nothing to do with us). 1 Peter 1:3
“Not by might, nor by power, but by HIS Spirit” Zech 4:20

3-There is wonderful Joy Ahead

Q: How can we know that there is wonderful Joy ahead?
A: Because we focus not on what is seen (This life) and instead focus on what is not seen with human eyes. (Eternal Life) 2 Corinthians 4:18

4-You must endure trials for a little while. 1 Peter 1:4

Q:  Why do we have to walk through trials?
A:  These trials will show you that your faith is genuine 1 Peter 1:4

I have to constantly remember that this world is not my home.  This earth is temporary...just the blink of an eye.  Trials remind me to keep my focus on my real life...ETERNITY.  If I have asked Jesus to be the Lord of my life, and I believe what His Word says, I can rest in the promise of what’s to come and find JOY in even the hard things that must be endured for a little while here on earth.  



So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. 








No comments:

Post a Comment