Photobucket

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Operation Take My Life Back!



My birthday present to myself?  It's called OperationTakeMyLifeBack!  

Mary’s destination is destruction, her god has been her stomach and her glory is her shame.  Her mind has been on earthly things. But, Mary's citizenship is heaven.  She eagerly awaits her Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.  Who by the very power that enables Him to bring everything under control, WILL TRANSFORM her lowly body so that it will like HIS glorious body!  Phil 3:19-21

The Lord has graciously and tenderly been beckoning my heart to walk in HIS love FREE from ALL idols.  There is one idol I struggle with above all others.  Food!  It's my friend, my comforter, my constant companion.  Truly I turn to food more than Him.  I do have moments of getting it right, but more moments of self-indulgence.  I don't have any plans other than: 

No more dieting!  No more plans!  No more programs!  At least not at this time.   Just daily choices I need to make that move me towards holiness or the worship of an idol called food. 

 
Today has not been perfect but it's been prayed over and purposeful! 

 
Today's Dinner Choice comes from www.skinnytaste.com and it was A-MAZING!  

Chicken Pot Pie Soup




But one thing I do-- Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead.  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  Phil 3:13



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment