Photobucket

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Weight Loss Wedneday!



Weight Loss Wednesday is a new weekly post I will be sharing each week.  My goal is to be transparent!  You will see the good, the bad, and sometimes the ugly. 


Let me start with the ugly:  I did such a good job of maintaining my weight loss through December.  I played with 5 pounds.  When I went up, I would strategically make choices to go back down.  


When December came I found myself pulling in to rest and renew.  What started off as a good thing quickly became too much of a good thing and led into complacency and laziness.  


I went from being on-the-go to being on-the-couch.
  

I found that I don't do well in large seasons of margin.  Too much downtime allows me to drift into laziness.  I begin to  believe that I deserve to let go of everything and just do what I want to do. 
(Whose voice is that?)  


That is why we ought to pay even closer attention to the voice that has been speaking so that we will never drift away from it. -- Hebrews 2:1


I was shocked to discover that from the second week in December to the week after Christmas  I had gained 10 pounds.  WHY?  Because the second lie I began to believe was that I needed to eat all the things my heart desired before I restarted my Take Shape For Life program.  I'm so thankful for the WORD OF TRUTH: 


John 10:10:  The thief approaches with malicious intent, looking to steal, slaughter, and destroy; I came to give life with joy and abundance.


Though the enemy wanted me to fall back into old habits, the lover of my soul came to GIVE ME LIFE!  He revealed that I needed to stop, repent, restart!


The GOOD:  Today is my one week weigh-in and I've lost 8 of the 10 pounds I gained.  I am sure that much of that is water but it's still good to see the scale represent my actions of obedience.  My goal is to remember that obedience feels so much better than food could ever taste.


On the program forefront:

I've fallen in love with one of their new meals:

I LOVE IT!  I did discover a trick to make it better!  Let it SOAK.  The directions tell you to add 2/3 cup water, stir, cook, stir, cook.  The trick is to add water and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before I begin to cook.  It makes all the difference.  I add just a touch of sea salt and 1 T of Parmesan cheese and viola'....the perfect dinner. 


I'm excited to begin week two and to officially move into new weight loss.  Though 8 pounds was wonderful this week.  I am doing baggage maintenance by having to lose again what had already been lost. 


And so I hang onto the verse that speaks tenderly to my heart and soul...... 


I am confident that the Creator, who has begun such a great work among you, will not stop in mid-design but will keep perfecting you until the day Jesus the Anointed, our Liberating King, returns to redeem the world. -- Phil 1:6


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment