Photobucket

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Whole30 Week Three-He Restores


HE RESTORES

“Come, let us return to the Lord.  He has torn us to pieces; now He will heal us.  He has injured us; now He will bandage our wounds.  In just a short time He will RESTORE us, so that we may live in His presence.  

—Hosea 6:1-2

I cannot believe that today is day 19?!?!  No Sugar, No Diet Soda, No Dairy, No Grains, No Legumes and my body LOVES IT!  This weeks update is going to be all about Non-Scale Victories!  Those are the things taking place that a number cannot define.  One of the things I love most about this journey is how much I am learning about what foods effect my body adversely and which ones give LIFE!  I see that my biggest problem with all my health issues has been INFLAMMATION. As I have given up those inflammation filled categories of foods I see restoration taking place.  HE RESTORES!

These are the questions floating through my head and my heart:

1-Do I need to stay away forever from dairy, diet soda, grains, sugar OR is it temporary while my body heals from having too many or too much?  Can I bring them back in smaller quantity without having an adverse reaction?

2-What does my eating look like after I complete the 10-day re-entry?

3-What am I learning about my flesh and my Spirit?  

I don’t have any answers.  I am just sitting int he presence of the ONE who knows me best and loves me MOST.




OBSERVATIONS 

1-JOINT PAIN:  My joints are SO MUCH BETTER!  I can bend, twist, sit on the ground and get up without it being a big deal.  I catch myself sitting on my couch Indian style and smiling.  Before beginning Whole30 my joints were so inflamed it hurt to sit long in certain positions.  

2-SINUSES:  I have had more sinus infections in the last two years than most people have in a lifetime.  I was on prednisone packs ELEVEN TIMES because my sinuses would completely swell shut and fill with congestion.  I live my life in fear that it will hit and I won’t be able to sleep.  When I can’t breath through my nose I end up sitting up all night in my recliner and falling asleep very poorly off and on.  However, since being on Whole30 I find my sinuses are doing GREAT!  I used to use breathright strips every night and now I never need them.  It’s only day 19 and so I hold this observation loosely because truly it would be a miracle if I don’t have an episode.  

3-EXERCISE:  I have not enjoyed exercising because I always end up having terrible joint pain.  I have fibromyalgia which effects my nerves around my joints.  Where a normal person would be sore and work through it, I become worse and need to then begin taking Advil, Aleve, or Tylenol to work through the flare up it causes.  My goal was not to add exercise at all during this 30 days.  I just wanted to focus on the huge food changes taking place.  But I feel so good I am finding a desire to move.  So my NSV (non-scale victory) is that I have a desire.  Next week I’ll let you know how exercise affects my fibro.  I told you last week that I went to a concert.  We had to climb stairs and stand and walk long distances and I felt GREAT the next day. 




Here are some of my favorite dinners and foods

Scott made a smoked chicken and it was so tender and melt-in-your mouth that we overate the quantity😳







Turkey burger grilled and crumbled over yummy Caulirice, with chopped onions and tomatoes and guacamole


Speaking of Guacamole...OH MY WORD!  I love this stuff from Aldi’s and it’s 100% compliant.


Check out the ingredients




My all time favorite snack...1/2 banana with sunflower seed butter, coffee with creamer.  



If you are looking for fast and easy these Chile Lime Chicken Burgers are pretty good.  They are raw so you need to set aside about 10 minutes to fry them up.  I still think Scott’s homemade hamburgers are better, but it’s convenient on those days that you need quick or easy.  



Seared Salmon dipped in 100% compliant Green Goddess Salad Dressing from Trader Joe’s. (I had a ton of veggies all day long, but not at this meal)




Scott made the rub from the Well Fed cookbook and it was SO GOOD!



I may or may not have a problem😳. I LOVE THIS STUFF!

This stuff is GREAT on eggs, guacamole, meat, you name it!





I have 11 more days to go to complete my goal! (Though I may stay on longer...I’m just not sure yet)

“Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.  For HIS SAKE I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become ONE WITH HIM.” — PHIL 3:8






1 comment:

  1. Bravo and thanks for the tips. We did not make it ...starting to modify and have a cheat day. Keep going for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete