Photobucket

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hearing "HIS" Voice



Our family is taking a little break this week.  We have no TV or internet. (Other than the I Phone)  The first day I absolutely hated it.   I grumbled and complained for at least 12 full hours and then at 7:30 pm I did a complete 180!

I went from resenting to LOVING it! 

Last night, my mama heart was overflowing as we all gathered in the living room to read and play games for well over an hour.  The boys were pulling out puzzles and we were having deep conversations.  I didn't find myself trying to hurry through what we're doing because I wanted (thought I deserved) my down time to sit and veg in front of the television.

In the two days without T.V. I have found that my quiet times became crisper, clearer, more focused. 

“So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, so we may drift away from it.”  Hebrews 2:1

I so resemble and completely identify with this verse.  The problem with "drifting" is that you don't even see it happening.  


Have you ever been at the ocean, playing in the water and you look up to discover that you are a mile down the beach.  Your chair and towel are a tiny dot on the horizon?  It's so gradual you weren't even aware.  It takes a little bit of work to walk against the current to get back to the right place.  

That is what I've seen happening in my heart.  Slow gradual things of the world have pulled my heart in a way that has allowed me to drift from my first loves......., 

My walk with Jesus
My homeschool
My marriage
My friendships
My family

Nothing is wrong in any of those areas but they are not as crisp and sharp as they once were.  In the midst of my busy agenda, filled with good intentions I drifted.

“Praise the name of God forever and ever, for he has all wisdom and power.  He controls the course of world events; he removes kings and sets up other kings.  He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars.  He reveals deep and mysterious things and knows what lies hidden in darkness, though he is surrounded by light. 




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment