Photobucket

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire!

I am so very thankful that I serve a living God who hears my prayer requests and answers them.  I am in a tricky season of re-arranging my plate of responsibility.  Though there has been tweaking that has taken course, the last five years have been pretty consistent. 


I'm asking the Lord to show me what HE wants me to take off my plate and what He wants me to add.  My heart is totally surrendered to this because walking in my own plans leaves me empty and unfulfilled.  It's only when I engage Jesus that the Holy Spirit wells up within me and gives me a life and peace that I cannot find appropriate words to describe.  

One problem that has arisen in the midst of all this re-arranging has been confusion.  I tend to be an "activator" personality which means waiting can be very uncomfortable for me.  That uncomfortableness can cause me to move too quicky and either add or remove something just so it can be done and I can move on. (Yes, I know)  

Praise God that this has gotten better as I've gotten older but I still have to guard my heart.


I feel as though most of the moving and removing has been completed.  There was only one thing (BIG THING) that I was not sure of.  I decided to put it away and wait upon the Lord.  He encouraged me through His Word:


"Mary, come to me and I will give you rest"


As I surrendered and waited upon the Lord He re-energized my spirit.  I was reminded of my first love, head over heels kinda Jesus love that can only come from Him.  I can't manifest on my own.  As I let go I did not feel any anxiety and then out of nowhere He began to speak to me in my quiet time:


For there is a root of sinful self-interest in us that is at odds with a free spirit, just as the free spirit is incompatible with selfishness. These two ways of life are antithetical, so that you cannot live at times one way and at times another way according to how you feel on any given day.--- Galatians 5:17

But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely. --- Galatians 5:22-23


Not only did the Lord speak to me and leave this last big one on my plate.  He gave me FRESH vision, FRESH fire!  What a great glorious God we serve.  How is He speaking to you today?  I pray that as you wait upon the Lord that He will truly renew your strength.  I pray that you would soar high on wings like eagles.  


Lord, I lift my hands in praise to who you are.  May the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be pleasing to you!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment