Photobucket

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Spiritually Speaking!



 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 2 Timothy 3:16

While away this past week at my annual homeschool planning week the Lord spoke to me through His word.  It was funny.  The Lord wants me to know who's in charge.  When I sat down to have my quiet time I wasn't getting much.  When I went to bed HE woke me up and poured out more than I could have ever dreamed of.  I love this amazing God I serve.  He is no pie-in-the-sky kinda fairy tale.  He is a living, breathing, loving Savior who holds the power of life and death in His hands!


Mary’s destination is destruction, her god has been her stomach and her glory is her shame.  Her mind has been on earthly things. But, Mary's citizenship is heaven.  She eagerly awaits her Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.  Who by the very power that enables Him to bring everything under control, WILL TRANSFORM her lowly body so that it will like HIS glorious body!  Phil 3:19-21 
 
God doesn’t want His children to hold grudges. (Phil 2b)  Remember their names are also in the book of life. (Phil 3b)  Celebrate God all day, everyday.  I mean REVEL IN HIM.  Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you’re on their side, working with them and not against them.  (Phil 4:4-5)
 

Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things that are TRUE, NOBLE, AUTHENTIC, COMPELLING, GRACIOUS, THE BEST not the worst, THE BEAUTIFUL, not the ugly, THINGS TO PRAISE, not things to curse. Phil 4:8
 


But one thing I do-- Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead.  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  Phil 3:13

That I may gain Christ and be found IN HIM.  Not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ- The Righteousness that comes FROM GOD and is by faith!-- Phil 3: 8b-9

Consider it a sheer gift, Mary, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides.  You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the opening and shows it’s true colors.  So, don’t try to get out of anything prematurely.  Let it do it’s work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.  James 1:2-4

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment