Photobucket

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Looking Beyond The Pictures....Freedom Conference 2016




Oh my heart!  The Lord ministered to me during this conference in ways I cannot even articulate at this time.  Some things were so sweet and others were hard, but gave LIFE!  I'm grateful that the vision of the pastors at Faith Covenant Church is to have a heart for DISCIPLESHIP!  

 


Who is Debbie Friley and what is a Discipleship ministry?   I've been asked these questions often as I share about how the Freedom Workshop (and Salt and Light Discipleship) has impacted and changed my life. They have been a vehicle the Lord has used to begin the work of molding, shifting, and transforming this heart of flesh into a heart that pants for her Jesus. (noticed the -ing that shows it's IN PROCESS)  


The Lord knew I needed extra help and so He sent Debbie to not only introduce me to this message, but to walk intimately by my side.  Debbie is a woman who LOVES HER JESUS.  She LOVES HIS PEOPLE.  She SPEAKS HIS TRUTH and WEAVES HIS GRACE into the hearts of thousands of people all over the world.  


Let me share some of her favorite (and famous) sayings:

  • We're Better Together!
  • Catch those foxes ladies!
  • You are not a victim; you are VICTORIOUS!
  • Nothing can happen without the Lords permission!
  • We are working FROM the victory not FOR the victory!
  • Three words will change your life..."COME TO ME"!
  • Get FIESTY, Ladies!




Which brings me to a big part of our conference---The Photo Booth!


I had been at the church all day Thursday to help set up and was coming home a little tired. (But still super excited)  As I pulled  into my driveway the Lord reminded me of the Photo Booth we had at our church for Mother's day and an idea began to BLOOM!   I wanted to create one for our conference that had captions of Debbie's favorite saying's.  I thought I had lost my mind?!  Why would I add to the things to do, but I called my beloved sister  (Christa) and asked if she could help make the signs.  She took my over-the-top idea of hand painted signs and helped make it more doable with computer generated signs.  She even printed and glued them together for me.  They ended up turning out better!  Thank you, Christa!





PICTURES ARE WORTH A 1000 WORDS











Bernice and the girls somehow talked my boys into playing along.  They were not at the conference officially, but there to do all the heavy lifting and help in ways that blew me away!  I'm so proud of these strong young men God has given me.  The Lord showed me their servant hearts in ways I'd not discovered yet.  


We love you, Bernice!


BEHIND THE SCENES


Do you want to know what's hard about behind-the-scenes people?  They won't ever let you thank them or take their pictures.  This event could not have been any more beautiful and it had everything to do with the team God weaved together.  Leslie Gross and Jan Osborne have such sweet gifts that give attention to detail in ways I've never seen.  Leslie shared that she heard a pastor talk about exceptional hospitality and how that it impacted her heart.  I want you to know Leslie that his message impacted MY heart through your (and Jan's) giftings.


These were precious little Chinese boxes filled with candies for all the ladies.


The bookmarks probably took longer than anything else, but had one of the BIGGEST impacts!  Thank you, Paula and Leslie for spending so much time on this memento. I will treasure this bookmark always.   (The front is at the top of the page)


Debbie did an incredible job on our name tags.  They were preprinted, stamped, and had ribbon ready to go.  

We're Better Together!
"For the Lord your God is living among you.  He is a MIGHTY SAVIOR!  He will take delight in you with gladness.  With His love He will calm all your fears.  He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."  -- Zephaniah 3:17


This is just "some" of our servant team.  They were AMAZING!  We truly are BETTER TOGETHER!  We were trying to hurry and grab the picture before we began and missed a few. The Lord delights in His daughters!  What a privilege that we get to have moments of serving for HIS glory!




Affirmation Ballet opened our Saturday with the most beautiful worship dance I've ever seen.  It was to the song, "Say The Word".  

Listen to it here:  Say The Word




Chick-Fil-A is an amazing Christ centered business that graciously donated all of our lunch on Saturday!  Thank you so much to Chick-Fil-A 4th Street!  (BTW, your Kale salad was AMAZING)



Our delivery man who loves Jesus graciously prayed over our meal!  



One of my favorite moments was when this sweet trio sang, "Holy Spirit".

Listen Here:  Holy Spirit


AT-THE-EVENT



So grateful for this girl.  My Brandon loved her first and now she is a part of our family.  What joy to pray together as the Lord showered His presence throughout our time.  

 

Oh how I loved the women the Lord brought together.

 

Communion was a sweet time in HIS presence.



The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,
    for the Lord has anointed me
    to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted
    and to proclaim that captives will be released
    and prisoners will be freed.

~~  Isaiah 61:1

No comments:

Post a Comment