Photobucket

Friday, September 30, 2016

Being Made Complete...




"I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him.  YOUR ROOTS WILL GROW DOWN INTO GOD'S ❤️ AND KEEP YOU STRONG. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be MADE COMPLETE with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."--Ephesians 3:16-19


What a precious gift God's Word is to my life!  Last Sunday our pastor shared about an unsettling experience he had on a small plane many years ago.  He said that he remembers flying for a business trip he needed to take.  As they soared over the water a fog began rolling in causing an unsettling feeling of being disoriented.  As he looked out at the storm he asked the pilot where they were.  The pilot shared that he had no idea, but he pointed to the aircrafts panel and told him not to worry.  

He said the Lord gave him two truths to hang onto from that experience:
  • We must fly by the panel
  • We must fly by what we know, not by how we feel


MY PERSONAL TRUTHS


  • My bible is my panel
  • My feelings are real, but that doesn't make them true

The question then becomes...how do we find truth in the midst of our storms or even on the best of days?


THE WORD OF GOD...OUR PANEL!

Going to church, being plugged into programs, listening to christian music, and doing good deeds will not save my soul or assure me that I am hearing God's voice.


Psalm 51:6 says, our hearts our hearts deceitful above all things. I cannot trust how I feel.  


When I get busy and begin doing, doing, doing, or going, going, going and don't read my bible I can easily mistake how I'm feeling as God speaking to me.



This morning as I sit in the presence of TRUTH I am reminded of the power of my panel:


Ephesians 1:18:  "I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the CONFIDENT HOPE He has given to those He called."



Just as that pilot learned to trust the panel when the world around him was in chaos, I must also do the same....


"The Word of God is ALIVE and POWERFUL.  It is sharper than the sharpest two edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, joint and marrow.  It exposes are innermost thoughts and desires." --- Hebrews 4:12

"ALL SCRIPTURE is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is TRUE and makes us realize what is wrong in our lives.  It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right." --- II Timothy 3:16

"HIS Word is a light unto my path and a lamp unto my feet" --- Psalm 119:105



So Mary, come BOLDLY to the throne of our gracious God.  There you will receive His mercy, and find grace to help you when you need it most!  ---Hebrews 4:16


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment