Photobucket

Friday, March 22, 2019

KEEPING ON, DOING GOOD, SEEKING AFTER!


Based on reading Romans 2:5-7:

When we are stubborn, unrepentant, and refuse to turn from our sin, scripture says we store-up WRATH.  

The problem with storing up wrath is that it is often a slow steady drifting away from truth.  It’s through the little daily things I choose NOT to walk in obedience to—things that don’t seem like they’re a big deal.  

As I become desensitized to the little things...the bigger things become less big in my eyes...until I am so dominated with my sinful actions and turned away from truth that my life shows the fruit of being transformed by this world instead of the one to come.  

This actually happened to me early on in my walk.  I fell completely away from that first love.  I was chasing happiness which is temporary, instead of JOY which is Eternal.  My rebellion felt good for a moment, but then morning would come and the happiness had turned into sadness or disillusionment.  

Satan comes to fascinate and then he assassinates.

There’s a better way...

“He will give Eternal Life to those WHO KEEP ON doing good, SEEKING AFTER the Glory and honor and immortality that God offers” Romans 2:7

Friend!  Are you like I was?  Are you chasing after happiness and finding that it doesn’t last?  Are you hoping that finding the right friend, spouse, diet, workout routine, job will make your life complete?  IT NEVER WILL!  

“Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers.  BUT THEY DELIGHT IN THE LAW OF THE LORD, MEDITATING ON IT DAY AND NIGHT.  They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do.”  Psalm 1:1-2

TODAY I must Keep on doing good, seeking after God with all my heart, looking for HIS glory, HIS honor, and HIS immortality.


No comments:

Post a Comment