Photobucket

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

What Type Of Fruit Am I Bearing?


☕️Coffee with Jesus☕️

Based on Romans 2:1-4

The problem with the Roman Jews is that they wanted to deflect from their own sin and to point at the sins of others.  They looked at the outward behavior and made judgements about the inward heart of their brother or sister.  They did this based on their own finite knowledge which can never measure up against God’s INFINITE all-knowing wisdom.  And one big take-away here is that man could never have the grace and mercy of God who sees beyond today.  

These judging Jews did not want to wait on God.  They wanted to take action right away, but here is what God’s Word says...

“The Lord is not slow in keeping His promises, as some understand slowness.  Instead, He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”  2 Peter 3:9

With that said, we are going to see that as Christians we do have the responsibility of gently judging the believers around us.  The goal is to get them back to God...but be careful that you yourself do not fall. 

Jon Courson says that we judge the fruit which is what helps to identify true believers, not to judge the heart. (Identification versus Condemnation)

IDENTIFYING THE FRUIT in those around us that publicly claim to be born again believers...

“But the FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT is Love, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, and self-control.” Galatians 5:22-23 (I’m not sure the judging Jews were producing the kind of fruit that keeps in line with Galatians)

So, if I want to be known that I’m FOR GOD by my fruit, what do I need to do?

Whoever abides in me and I in Him will bear much fruit—for apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5

I must ABIDE IN HIM!


No comments:

Post a Comment