Photobucket

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Finding MY Proverbs 31 Woman!


She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness. She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness. Her children stand and bless her.Her husband praises her: “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!” Charm deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise."

This verse used to intimidate me.  Let me tell you when I look at this I certainly do not think it represents me very well.  I know that I have moments of fear about my future or the future of the ones I love.  Though I wish all my words were wise and filled with kindness I have days when it is the exact opposite.  There are days where laziness reigns and responsibility.... doesn't.


The problem with The Proverbs 31 woman is that it only gives us a momentary overview or glance of who she is in general.  I know she had days when she woke up crabby because she was feeling hormonal, or irritated because her husband left his towel on the bathroom floor. (My husband would laugh and tell you that "I" am the one who does that in our home)  


The part of the verse I can claim boldly is that I do fear the Lord. (Not afraid but I know who He is and because of that I revere Him)  I understand that Christ holds my future in His hands and for that I am forever thankful.  I know that my legacy is not in my final outcomes but in how I run my race.  Do I get up when I fall down?  Do I depend on God or do I depend on me?  Do I love others or do I love myself?  


My Proverbs 31 woman is still in the making.  It's riddled with mistakes and victories, but through it all there is a deep love for my Lord and for my life.  There is an understanding that this life is not about me but abut Him.


The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.  As the Scriptures say,   “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.” -- 1 Corinthians 1:18-19

His ways are not my ways.  His wisdom is different from this worlds wisdom.  My hope is in Him!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. MMMMM... I just love this Mary. Something so special about raw honesty. I LOVE that verse and hope God can see the "Proverbs 31 woman" in me, somewhere in the middle of the fleshy stuff. ;) LOVE YOU xoxo

    ReplyDelete