Photobucket

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holy Boot Camp!


Our family received the dreaded phone call that eventually all of us will receive one day or another.  My father's body is shutting down and they've asked us to come say our goodbyes. 


It's been an emotional, roller coaster ride, ever since.


My heart grieves the loss of the man who took me in and made me his own when my biological father walked away.  I cannot tell you how different my world will seem without him.  He is our strong tower who spent his life taking care of us.  He was a Command-Man personality.  Hunt, fish, build, fix!

 
Praise the Lord that his hope (Our Hope) is not in this world.  His real life is about to begin.  He will soon take his last breath and close his eyes here for the final time,



BUT........


He will open them forever as he stands face-to-face with his Savior God.  There will be no more suffering, no more pain, no more sin, just life EVERLASTING!


This is a HOLY Boot Camp!  
 
 
The Lord is beckoning me to throw myself head first into the days which are about to come.  How can I encourage my siblings, my mother?  How can I speak words of comfort to my dad.  This is not about me, it's not even about my family.  It's all about HIM!



“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." ~ Isaiah 55:8-9



Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. ~ Proverbs 3:5-6



For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. ~ 2 Corinthians 4:17-18

Photobucket

1 comment: