Photobucket

Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Thanksgiving To Remember!




When I was just 10 years old my parents bought six acres up on the Suwanee River.  My dad then cleared trees and slowly built his dream home.  In June of 1988 he and my mom moved up there full time.  This is where we go for our Thanksgiving each year.


However, this year was very difficult.  Dad has been battling cancer off and on for over six years.  It began as lung, moved to colon, went to liver.  The Lord gave him a pause and he beat it.  Then it came back a few months ago and is in his lung and liver.  


In the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving dad was taking oral chemotherapy.  He had already done I.V. and Radiation so many times they wanted to try something different.  Unfortunately, his body could not handle the trauma of such a toxic medication and we ended up spending most of our week at the hospital which is 1 hr and 15 minutes away.  


Please pray for my dads comfort as our family gathers close over the next couple of weeks.  He has been very restless and had lots of pain.

With all of that said, I am so very grateful for the memories the Lord allows us to store up when we spend time together.  I am so proud of my mother, brother and sister as I watch them lovingly care for this strong, proud man we all love so dearly.

I will share pictures from our Thanksgiving:
































Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies. ~ Phil 4:8-9

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment