Photobucket

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Accepting Who "I" Am As A Homeschooler

Kim (Olive Organized) Mary (Betty Bohemian)

Do you ever get caught up in noticing your friend's strengths and your weaknesses? Do you find yourself being tossed like waves in a storm when choosing curriculum? Do you see how something works so PERFECTLY for your best friend and then you buy it and try it and it's a dud in your home? Do you watch your friend with amazement as she plugs into activities, involves herself in co-ops, while maintaining a sense of JOY and yet you can't find time to run to the grocery store? 


This workshop was all about better understanding who YOU are, so that you can embrace your strengths, strengthen your weaknesses, and find your curriculum GROOVE! 


Our prayer was that we would all walk away encouraged and inspired to be who God made us to be!


 I love this woman!  Caroline Witsey is such a precious friend and a wonderful homeschool support group leader. 




  I relate with those moms who process through conversation and thrive in community.  We shared stories of finding success through accountability and discipleship.  
 



Kim connects with those women who need time to process and contemplate. She shared stories of finding success in routine and following a plan.

We're Better Together!



Almost time to start!



 Kim and I were so honored to have Mikael Guerra capture our talk on digital video.  It's still in the editing room but should be available soon.  I look forward to sharing it once he completes all the minut details!

He did an incredible job making sure the sound, the lighting, the interviews, the talk was captured in it's best light.  

Thank you Mikael Guerra!



Beautiful Homeschoolers!
 

 I love these Jesus-sisters God has put in my life! 


 Mother, daughter evening!


 Many women shared their strength testimonies.  I loved Michele's story of losing 82 pounds while engaging her strong BELIEF and CONSISTENCY themes!  Not her gifts....HIS!


Christa had the room in tears as she shared transparently of how God is teaching her how to use her strengths for HIS glory!  She specifically talked about learning how to focus on finishing well, even if she doesn't start off there!

Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good.  Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. ~ Romans 12:9-10



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Mary, Is there a way I can find out what I am? Is there a test or anything? This year is already starting out to be so different than any other year. I'd love to find out how I'm wired :o)

    I think I have a good idea already but confirmation would be great.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete