Photobucket

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reading Relationally Through Luke 9.......


 Luke 9



Then he said to the crowd, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me. ~ 23


If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. ~ 24

 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but are yourself lost or destroyed? ~ 25
YES!  


My soul swells with your holy spirit as I read the truth of these words.  The world tells us to be all we can be, to seek to promote ourselves.  


You tell us that when we are last, THEN we become first!  


You tell us that we should lay down our life for our brother or sister.  


May your truths stand steadfast in my heart as I choose to chew on your wisdom all day long.  


Let me meditate on it as I drive to meet with Daphney later today.  


As I go to Publix to shop, let me be available to be your words, your smile, your hands, and your feet to those you put in my path.  Teach me to let go of my list and look around.


When I make dinner tonight let me plug into you through my IPOD and praise music!  


“Mary, if you want to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me." ~ Luke 9:23


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment