Photobucket

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Coming Home


“Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces;  now he will heal us. He has injured us; now he will bandage our wounds.  In just a short time he will restore us, so that we may live in his presence.  Oh, that we might know the Lord!  Let us press on to know him.  He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of rains in early spring.”

This past year has been one filled with lots of hard things.  The blessing is that it causes one to cling to the Lord in ways you simply cannot even fathom apart from the pain and confusion.  It reminds me of one of my friends favorite sayings, "There is purpose to our pain"!  

I was desperate for intimacy and desired a smaller church setting where I could simply sit and fill up.  Can I just say that Gulf Coast Community was a HUGE blessing and God used many amazing people to enter my life that I would never have met otherwise. Pastor Jerry filled my heart with incredible messages that inspired me to want more from my quiet time.  Thank YOU, Gulf Coast!

However, after five months my family began hungering for home.  Home for our family has been Calvary Chapel.  We walked through those doors in March of 1998 and have had our lives changed by the solid teaching, and most importantly for me, Salt and light discipleship groups. 

As I have been walking through the Freedom Workshop I feel myself bouncing back.  I don't feel lost anymore.  After prompting from my husband and children we decided that it was time to make a decision..... Do we move forward with Gulf Coast or stay with Calvary Chapel.   This truly was a very difficult decision.  We had begun to build strong relationships at Gulf Coast and the thought of not having fellowship with those amazing people brought great grief to my heart.  I cried out to the Lord without holding back,  (Psalm 77:1) I asked him to let me hear HIS voice and not to be distracted by my human thoughts.  He. Was. Faithful!
For our family it became abundantly apparent that for now, HE has led us to back home to Calvary Chapel. 

This morning as I sat in worship I could not stop the tears!  God is good, and He is faithful forever!


To HIM Be the Glory!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment