Photobucket

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Challenge A Strengths Workshop!




Lots of different, wonderful, and unique personalities! Once again I am reminded of the motto, "We're Better Together".



The book Strength Finder 2.0 has a very humanistic worldview.  The author is very obviously not a believer.  They base their understanding of strengths on the idea that we use our strengths to make ourselves better. 
 

 

The purpose and goal of any Strengths workshop should be to point to the creator of any and all good gifts, Jesus Christ. 

  

 

Strengths discovery apart from Him is fruitless and purposeless to the believer.

  
 
 

Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.~ John 15:5
 

Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.~ John 15:5



Facts About Strengths:

1-  They can be used for HIS glory or they can be used for personal gain.  When we use them for HIS glory they become a SUPERPOWER, but when we use them for our own personal gain they become our KRYPTONITE.  They can cause us to stumble or they can be the very vehicle God uses to draw us to Him.  Apart from HIM we can do NOTHING!

2-  The order of your strengths is very important.

3-  Strengths without grace and mercy can become a weapon, but when walked out under the authority and perfect love of Jesus Christ they become a bridge to draw others to HIM!

4-  Though we start off by learning about our strengths our true goal is to learn and understand how God made each of us differently and uniquely.  No strength is better or worse, just different, and perfect for your purpose in this life.

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.~ Psalm 139:16


One of our assignments is to highlight only the part of the definition that truly describes us.  I loved that almost every single line was highlighted in B's description.  This indicator test truly captured who she is. 


Colton finally took the adult test.  

His Strengths are:

  1. Reponsibility
  2. Deliberative
  3. Harmony
  4. Input
  5. Belief 

From the first time I held each of my boys in my arms I knew that God had made them for a very special purpose.  My job was not to help them become who I wanted them to be, but to walk with them as they discovered who God made them to be. It took me years to understand this truth.  What freedom. 



My pray for any of our Student Strength Workshops is that it would cause us to see Jeremiah 29:11 in a fresh and renewed way!

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~ Jeremiah 29:11


“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.  Isaiah 55:8-9 


No comments:

Post a Comment