Photobucket

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Laying Down My Life!


 


Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity. Anyone Who wants to be my disciple must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the father will honor anyone who serves me. - John 12:25-26 

 


WOW!  Such a beautiful verse.  It inspires my heart every single time I read it.  This morning the Lord had me pause here in my journey through John.  



Mary, do you really your life to come more than this life?



As I paused and began to pray I could hear his gentle voice:



Daughter, stop striving!  Stop trying to do it in your own strength!  You cannot love me most by your own accord.  You cannot love that which you've not seen more than what you know, in your own strength!  My agape love is a gift.  I give it to you when you remember that I am the vine and you are the branch and apart from me you can do nothing.  You must abide in me!  As you do, I will do all the work.  I will keep you holy!  I will keep your sights set on heaven!  


 
Thank you that through you, in you, because of you, I can love what's to come more than what is known.


So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. ~ 2 Cor 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment