Photobucket

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Boys!




REJOICING

17 years ago, on this very day, I had been in active labor for almost 24 hours, and was not even close to giving birth. I remember my O.B. (Dr.Delgado) tenderly breaking the news that we were going to need to do another C-Section. I was relieved and scared all at the same time. Within 30 minutes I was holding my precious Colton in my arms and my anxiety was soon forgotten.


Fast forward four years later, (13 Years ago) on the very same date, and once again I remember having that very same conversation (minus the hours of labor) with my doctor. This time I had developed pre-eclampsia and child #3 was to be born on his brothers birthday!  


It is with bittersweet tears that stop to rejoice and remember.  I gratefully (with a humble heart) thank the Lord for all the many blessings these boys have brought into our lives.  They (along with their older and younger brother) are the JOY of my existence.  As you see me post about Classical Conversations over and over and over again it's because this program has brought us closer.  We have something in common that everyone loves and a goal that we are working towards.  

 

One day it will be over. (Homeschooling, raising them up)  They will begin their own lives...as they should.  My job is to work myself out of job.  But I will treasure always the privilege of raising them.  They will always be a part of my life.  But this particular season is short. 


REMEMBERING

It seems like yesterday when Colton would carry his little Banana In Pajama doll around making us sing it's song.  His little face would light up, no teeth, just gums and big blue eyes.




From early on we knew that Colton was our deliberative, thoughtful, caring, attention-to-detail child.  We just did his adult strengths test and he very much represents his daddy. 

  
Colton's Top 5 Strengths

  • Responsibility
  • Deliberative
  • Harmony
  • Input
  • Belief


 Seth has not yet taken his Strengths test, but I am pretty sure he will have:

  • Relator
  • Stratetic
  • Deliberative
  • Belief
  • Command or Significance


These are just guesses, but I've watched him for years, and observed all of these different themes being displayed in his daily activities.  


Seth is my very serious, but loyal and loving child.  I remember that until he was born we were able to train our children not to touch or get into things.  Not so for Seth.  I had to buy door and cabinet locks.  One morning I got up and he had crawled out of his crib.  As I came into the kitchen all I could see was his little diaper butt sticking out of my fridge getting food.  After I calmed down (thinking about how dangerous that was) we immediately went out and bought a fridge lock. Even then he was STRATEGIC.  He could do things that my other children had not even considered.



I love watching God unfold the plans HE has for my children.  He is showing me how to allow my children to become who HE made them to be, rather than me trying to make them into who I think they should be. 




For I know the plans I have for your children.  Plans to prosper them and not to harm them.  Plans to give them a hope and a FUTURE!  Jeremiah 29:11


Go Light Your World My Sons!




No comments:

Post a Comment