Photobucket

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Speaker Training 2013




This year our focus for our annual Practicum is exciting! 

Our subject is arithmetic! 

Our theme is teaching from a heart of humility

Our purpose is reviving and renewing our hearts to walk in JOY as we homeschool our children!


“Listen, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord alone. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. (Deuteronomy 6:4-8 NLT)


And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint. (Galatians 6:9 AMP)


Christi walking us through the teaching the trivium using the game, Feed The Woozle!  It was GREAT!



Sharing the vision of Conversational math!



Finding FUN ways to present math at Practicum!


Who knew the Commutative Law could be so fun and interactive?!


Walking through understanding the beauty and simplicity of the trivium in our basic subjects.


But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! 2 Corinthians 12:9



Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] (Matthew 11:28 AMP)




Our theme at speaker training was not depending upon our fleeting abilities, but on GOD'S unfathomable wisdom!

When I first came to you, dear brothers and sisters, I didn’t use lofty words and impressive wisdom to tell you God’s secret plan. And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit. I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God. (1 Corinthians 2:1, 4, 5 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment