Photobucket

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Do Radishes Taste Like Potatoes?

 

My goal is to try some new foods in our diet.  I am using ideas others have raved about.  This morning I decided to try using radishes in place of where I would use potatoes.  I was skeptical and hesitant, but hopeful.  To be able to get the same taste and texture without all those carbs?

 

I decided to slice up my radishes in big chunks and bake them at 400 degrees with a little bit of butter, garlic powder, black pepper, and Himalyian sea salt.  I baked them for a total of 30 minutes.

 

THEY WERE AMAZING!!!

They had a carmelized coating and were seasoned perfectly.  It doesn't taste exactly like a potato, but it's very close.  The only thing I would do differently next time is mix it in with some onions and yellow squash.  







No comments:

Post a Comment