Photobucket

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chosen!




“But you are the one chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of homeschooling, mothering, mentoring, discipling, chosen to be a holy people, God’s instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others day and night the difference he made for you--from nothing to something, from rejected to accepted!-- 1 Peter 4:9


The Lord gave me this verse one morning as I was working with one of my precious sons who learn differently.  He was working and struggling so hard to understand a fairly simple concept.
 
No matter how hard he tried he just couldn’t seem to understand what they were asking.  It was breaking my heart.

 As I lifted my eyes to the throne, he poured out the beginning of 1 Peter 4:9 but I didn’t have memorized and needed to go look it up in it’s entirety so that I could feast on it.
 
Mary, you were chosen for the high calling of homeschooling, mothering, mentoring, discipling your children.

 This was living water to a soul that was being scorched with thoughts of inadequacy and fear.


Guess what?  My child quickly moved through his challenging assignment and onto the next.
 
Because God is a God of love he blessed me by allowing my son to really shine in his very next school assignment, cursive writing.
 
As I looked upon his paper I was overcome with emotion.  All I could see was the most stunning masterpiece of artwork in his loops and lines.


He may be behind my other boys in some things, but when it comes to handwriting, music, art, computers, he shines like nobody’s business!
 
Thank you Lord that you are helping me discover my children’s strengths and what makes them great.  I am even more thankful that your strength is made perfect in my weakness.  When I don’t have the answers I am able to look to the one who always does.
 
Now this is truly strengths-based living, strengths-based homeschooling!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment