Photobucket

Sunday, July 8, 2012

True Eternal Perspective!



This morning my heart is very tender for a friend who is preparing her heart to go home and see Jesus.  She is only 50 years old and she has a 10 year old little boy.  As I geared up to go see her this weekend, I prayed and asked the Lord to help me to have the perfect words of encouragement in a situation so difficult. 


Instead, she encouraged me by her transparent love for Jesus. 

There she sat, no hair, distended stomach from radiation, walker carefully sitting next to her as she's unable to ambulate on her own, and yet there was a holy glow, a radiant strength that literally poured from her very being.  She made my heart yearn for where she is going.  She knows her redeemer lives.  She trusts that he will take care of her little boy.  Her only regret is leaving him.  Oh Lord, my heart of pity was from the enemy.  Get behind me Satan!  Thank you, Jesus!  Thank you for your perfect plans.  Help me not to forget that this world is not our home.

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.  Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. ~ 1 Corinthians 13:12



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment