Photobucket

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fall CC Tutor Meeting!



I truly am blessed with incredible tutors.  I love how God has knitted our hearts to one another.  I stand in awe of how gracious, kind, loving, diligent, and thorough each of these women are.  (Jennifer Martin couldn't be at our meeting because her baby was staying the night in the hospital, but I would be remiss not to include her name as part of this team.  She is amazing!)


What does a Classical Conversations tutor do?


They go through over 40 hours of training on how to drill information for long-term memory retention.   Classical Conversations has 12 memory tools put together to help tutors lead their students through fun, interactive, 30 minute crisp components.  

  1. New Grammar
  2. Science
  3. Fine Arts
  4. Weekly Presentations
  5. Review



In addition to all the training we do over the summer, we also meet every 6-weeks to work on the following quarters 5-crisp components.  


This is a night of sharing idea's and inspiration, talking through science experiments and fine arts, and connecting our hearts.  


I'm known for taking my camera everywhere so I've trained my tutors to not only think on their feet, (Calling on them randomly) but pose on the spot, too!



Great example of the team aspect of serving together!  


Though we truly do work hard and long, we also love to spend time having fun.


Ultimately, the Lord is the giver of all good things.  We might make our plans, and prepare our hearts, but God determines our steps.  (Proverbs 16:9)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment