Photobucket

Friday, October 18, 2013

Smashing Our Calf!


I LOVE walking in community!  It sharpens me, painfully refines me, and graciously holds me accountable.  Tonight my Classical Conversations campus met for an evening of encouragement and equipping.  I am constantly amazed at how often God has me share my struggle and what He has done/is doing to help me overcome my false idea's of what my life is supposed to look like.  


Several years ago I was miserable trying to do everything in my own strength.  I wanted to be the perfect wife, the perfect mom, the perfect homeschooler.  I was failing miserably. (duh)  The harder I tried the worse I felt.  


I had two children going to All Children's hospital for speech therapy, a grandmother I was happily caring for after knee surgery, a baby in diapers, and I was pregnant with #4.   I lived in a state of constant condemnation.  I thought everyone else had it all together.  I cried out to God and He answered me.


{Mary Arnold}, This calf you crafted by your own hands.  It is not God;  therefore it must be smashed to bits!  Hosea 8:6

My story is all about what it looks like to smash my man-made vision so that God can lovingly show me what it means to walk in a humble state of imperfection.  It's there that I I find Him.

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Hebrews 4:16


Tonight I was blessed to come together with homeschooling moms who are on the same journey.  We spent time breaking up into groups and sharing our areas where we struggle.  What did we come away with?


It's not about us.  It's all about Him!


Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:27-29


Roshanda Smith is a brand new director and excited about Classical Christian Education and Classical Conversations.  She shared some of her planning inspiration and offered great equipping idea's.


Roshanda shared ways she uses CC Connected in her home.


We then broke up into groups and discussed idea's of how we can walk out New Grammar and Review in our homes.  Some were sweet and simple and others were creative and fun.


We stopped and reviewed what makes Classical Christian Education different than other philosophies.  


Terri Ulrich did such an incredible job of sharing the vision of why it's so important to keep doing the little things, the hard things, daily, consistently.  She painted the picture that takes us beyond elementary and middle school and even beyond highschool.  



We closed with worship and sharing.  You want to know what was interesting?  When asked how the Lord spoke to them it was never the practical.  They were inspired by God's word reminded them:


For I know the plans I have for you.  Plans to prosper you and not to hard you.  Plans to give you a hope and future!  Jeremiah 29:11

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment