Photobucket

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Finding Gladness and Joy In Grief



Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, YET my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord who has compassion on you”—Isaiah 54:10

On October 26th my mountains were shaken and the hills were removed.  My grandmother had stopped responding and now I sat at her bedside looking into this face that had been my constant companion, source of wisdom, and fountain of encouragment  all the days of my life.  As long as I live I will never forget her four final breaths. It was truly the most surreal experience of my life.  I felt like I was watching a movie..it didn’t seem real.  I was completely numb as the tears fell and I said goodbye.

But as I sat there in shaken numbness...I heard a voice calling out to me...Mary, though the mountains and hills might feel shaken and removed don’t cling to your feelings...cling to ME!  MY UNFAILING LOVE FOR YOU will catch you and hold you and I will cover you with my peace. 

I am just starting to come out of numbness and God is giving me JOY...unspeakable JOY and gladness in my grief.  It’s crazy that in the midst of tears there is laughter and joy and hope and it is all mingled together.  I see mountains and hills being re-established, as He is faithful to walk with me out of the valley.  It’s so beautiful.  I’m grateful that my hope was not in my grandma and in her life.  My hope is in the Lord and the life to come...I WILL see her again, but more importantly when I do, I will see HIM!

God’s Word is POWERFUL!  Please do not feel sad for me in the coming days and weeks as I process out loud with you how the Lord is speaking to me.  It is PRECIOUS and FULL OF TENDERNESS.  It is HEALING and full of HOPE and His Word is ministering to my heart.  I long for mornings with Him and His Word...

No comments:

Post a Comment