Photobucket

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Faithful & Just❤️



“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9

❤️Confess-To own, acknowledge our role and/or mistakes.
❤️Purify-To make clean, to redeem, to atone
❤️Godly Sorrow:  Manifests itself by repentance and the experience of divine grace
❤️Worldly Sorrow:  Brings death because, instead of having God-centered sorrow over my wickedness-I am self-centered and focused on the painful consequences of my sin. 

Lord, I am so incredibly thankful that you are FAITHFUL AND JUST! I can trust your steadfast love and that you are devoted to me...not in an enabling manner that overlooks those things that bring harm, but in a reverant love that keeps me safe by gently rebuking and redirecting me back to those things that bring LIFE!  Teach me to hunger after Godly Sorrow and to recognize the ingenuiness of worldly sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment