Photobucket

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Confession Time




“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing."-- John 15:5

What if I told you that last night I stayed within all my weight watcher boundaries and still fell off the program? Well, that's exactly what happened. Because I am trying to keep an accurate and authentic journal I need to record this for myself if no other.


Right now I am passing a kidney stone. For those of you unaware, it is nothing new. I have many. Though they've done surgery one time they mostly just medicate me with percocet and tell me to drink a ton of water while we wait.


The one thing that I've noticed is that the percocet helps the pain, but makes my taste buds extra sensitive. About two hours after taking my medicine I find myself wanting to eat, not because I'm hungry, but because everything tastes so much better. 

So last night I had my menu all planned out and decided to add to it.  I justified this by telling myself I wanted to use my bonus points. (The Weight Watcher program allows 49 "optional" extra weekly points for special occasions)  

I added four strips of bacon to my veggies because the thought of bacon made me feel happy.  I added cheese to my chicken and allowed myself to have three extra weight watcher treat bars which are 2 points each. 

I ended up using 17 extra points because it made me "feel" better.  Legally, that's what those bonus points are for.  Spiritually, that's not what "I" was made for!
  • I was made for Holiness.  
  • I was made to sing HIS praises.  
  • I was made to Shine For HIS Glory!
When I fill up on Jesus and not on the things of this world I am able to do and be all of these things!  


My lesson is simply to go before the Lord and check my heart, before I engage in changing my prayerfully thought out plan.  Sometimes It will be fine to do it differently and sometimes it's just my sinful nature wanting to gratify itself. 

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."-- Matthew 16:24

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment