Photobucket

Friday, March 25, 2011

Made For More Than French Fries and Chicken Fingers!


I am so blessed to reading a book called, "Made To Crave". It is AMAZING!  In chapter four the author tells us the importance of getting an accountability partner.

Truthfully, I thought I was set. I am reading the book, I belong to a Made To Crave bible study group, I am attending weight watcher meetings.  That's enough accountability right?

WRONG!

I love how the Lord blesses me with things I don't even know I need.  This time it came in the form of a beautiful woman named Bonni. 

Bonni, has lost 80 pounds on weight watchers, she is a believer and she is reading through Made To Crave also. 

I met her when she shared her weight loss testimony at a big event. My heart so connected with hers that I began to cry as she spoke.

We became friends on facebook and then she asked me if I wanted an accountability partner. I jumped at the chance because I knew that I could learn a lot from her journey.

Whoa!  I had no idea how God was going to connect our hearts.  She has quickly become a dear friend.  I find myself immediately calling upon her for prayer, advice or to share victories.

One of my favorite parts of our accountability is how we get up every morning and sharing our plans for the day and how food is going to fit in or around them has helped me immensely.  It helps me to stay strong, to have a plan and to know that I have someone who I am going to be accountable to.

My favorite moment was the other night when I was going out to meet friends for dinner. I sent her a facebook message told her that I was tempted to look at this as a "special occasion" and that I was trying to talk myself into why it was okay to order the higher point fried food items for this one night.

Then I get a little notification that my friend Bonni has replied to my e-mail and she says, "Mary, you are so much more than the fried chicken fingers :):)

That was EXACTLY what I needed to hear!  I AM made for more than food.  God has a plan for my life and I keep thwarting it to chase after my own made-made idols.  I am Made For HIM.  I want to honor Christ with my words, my actions, my eating.

"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born.  Every day of my life was recorded in your book.  Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them;  they outnumber the grains of sand. And when I wake up, you are still with me!"  Psalm 139:13-18


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Mary,
    You are so right! When we are engaged in life and need those moments of comfort or celebration we must look to the Lord first to ultimately fill the true need we have and then look to food as we should, a created thing that we partake of in this life. Every act is an act of worship; it just depends on who or what is worshiped. Weight loss or not, we all need to remember that. Great Job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging verse, and the reminder, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog!! Thank you for always being o raw and honest. It is in those moments that God is truly glorified! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! So true!! Praise God for looking out for us and knowing what we need, even before we do!!! YES! I am so happy God slid Bonni into your life!! What an awesome Guy we serve, huh!!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally true! And I never see a french fry or chicken finger when I look at you.

    ReplyDelete