Photobucket

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Made To Crave- Introduction



Finding Your Want-To

Only God can give us a lasting want-to. So, how do I allow Him to do just that? 


Matthew 19:21 --- Jesus responds, "if you want to be perfect {whole}, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven.  Then come, follow me"


Lysa write:  "The rich young man then goes away sad because he wo't give up the one things that consumes him.  He is so full with his riches he can't see how undernourished his soul is.  He's just like people today who refuse healthier breakfast options like egg whites and fruit so they can fill themselves up with candy-sprinkled, chocolate-frosted doughnuts."


Lysa Writes Later:  "I imagine Jesus looked straight into this young man's soul and said, "I want you to give up the one thing you crave more than me."


WOW!  That really spoke to me.  I thought I could not relate to that young rich ruler.  Lord, I'll give up the big house to worship and follow you.  

Then He whispers, "Yes Mary, but will you give up your Reece peanut cups and Fried chicken fingers."?  

Mary responds: That's why I'm here Lord!  Show me how.  Show me how to take up cross, deny myself and follow YOU!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment