Photobucket

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pleasing God Or Pleasing Man?


"Our purpose is to please God, not people. He alone examines the motives
of our hearts." -- 1 Thess 2:14b

As wives, moms, God's girls, we are bombarded with lots of good opportunities:

Bible studies, educational opportunities, phone conversations, interactive relationships on facebook, exercise classes, co-op's, conventions, conferences, lunches, leadership, serving, church!

If we're not careful we will find our plates buckling under the weight of responsibility we've heaped on ourselves. Our good is not best, though it seems that way when we say, yes.

Here is the question of the day:

Why? Why do we say, "Yes" to the many things we place on our plate? Is it to please God, Please Man or is it because we are filling a God-Shaped whole in our heart with the things of this world?

I've learned through the years that serving, helping others, even going to church can become an idol that is more important than my relationship with Christ.  It's not about the event but the purpose of my heart!

Search me O God and know my heart. Test me and know my thoughts. Point
out anything in me that offends you!-- Psalm 139:26-27



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment