Photobucket

Monday, March 21, 2011

Made To Crave- Chapter Four


“Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.” 1 Peter 5:8

We must be aware the desperation breeds degredation. In other words, when what is lacking in life goes from being an annoyance to an anxiety we run the risk of compromising in ways we never thought we would. (Page 42, Made To Crave)

I have been going strong on my eating program for the past week. In the beginning I feel like nothing could ever knock me off course and then something that feels more urgent comes into my life and my focus goes to that and off the ONE who is helping me with the primary goal HE has set before me.

This past week I began to notice that my face was turning bright red and my heart was beating exceptionally fast. I took my blood pressure and sure enough it was up pretty high. Considering that I am taking blood pressure medicine AND a water pill that shouldn’t happen.

Last night, when the world was quiet I began to think:

Maybe it’s the diet. I wasn’t having these problems when I was eating normally.

What? Whose voice is that? 

Gluttoneous eating is not “normal”. I know that sitting here this morning typing it out to YOU. But in that moment, in the darkness, I began to cling to this thought in my anxiety. I didn’t care about walking obediently with my food. I just wanted to “feel” normal. The problem is that my “normal” is not healthy. I am positive that one day I will look back at what felt comfortably “full” and realize that comfortable was truly over filled.

Mary, do not conform to the behaviors and customs of this world, but let GOD TRANSFORM AND CHANGE THE WAY YOU Think”.

How did I get out of my downward spiral?

I remembered to put my focus on the only one who I can trust, JESUS!!!

He rushes in, breathes peace, calms my heart, picks me up, dusts me off and puts me back on the path of righeousness.

Thank you, Lord. Thank you that you do not get impatient with my learning curve. Thank you for changing me from the inside out:

But forget all that Mary— it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland." Isaiah 43: 18-19

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment