Photobucket

Monday, April 22, 2013

Believing Without Seeing - Coffee W/ Jesus!




As he spoke, he showed them the wounds in his hands and his side. They were filled with joy when they saw the Lord! Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.” The disciples saw Jesus do many other miraculous signs in addition to the ones recorded in this book. But these are written so that you may continue to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life by the power of his name. (John 20:20, 29-31 NLT)


This morning as I lingered in John 20 my heart focused on those individuals who were seeing what their mind could not comprehend. I cannot even imagine the war that was taking that place that day between the flesh and the spirit. I know I would have wanted to believe, but I wonder if I would have wanted to see what Thomas saw, first?


So, as believers 2000 years later, how do WE believe?


"So then faith comets by hearing, and hearing by the WORD OF GOD!" Romans 10:17


We spend time in the Word every.single.day! Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment