Photobucket

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I Can See The Finish Line!


 

 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. (Hebrews 12:1-3 NIV) 

Only two more weeks!  I am conflicted!  Part of me is looking forward to a break so I can catch up on laundry and have nothing else on my plate.  Yet at the very same time, I am so sad that my time with my students is quickly coming to a close.  I love each and everyone one of them.  In all the years I've homeschooled I've never traveled for 30 weeks with other families all studying the same information.  It has been the JOY of my soul.

Geography- This week the students began their final exams to see how many countries and capitals they remember.  The countries tested on were USA, Canada, & South America.  The students did GREAT!

Rhetoric- This was our last week with Don't Check Your Brains At The Door.  Such a great book on biblical worldview.  We have learned so much about myths and TRUTH!  Ultimate Truth.  

Science/Research-  This past year we have worked on the skill set of research for our science.  The students have learned how to discover interesting facts about animals and then about the human body.  Beginning next week they will get to show everything they've learned about the human body as we practice drawing and labeling from heart.

Literature-  The Bronze Bow!  Absolute favorite discussion of the entire school year.  I hope each of the students went home and talked with their parents about some of the subject matter we discussed.  Is it okay to steal if it's life or death?  What the difference between freedom fighters and thugs?  Why does communism not fix everything?  (It seems fair, right?)  Excellent discussions!  I love it when they do most of the talking.  That means they're learning.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment