Photobucket

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Director Business Training - Take Two




Wow!  I am always amazed at how much the Lord energizes my heart through DBT.  Yesterday was filled with lots of encouragement, laughter, idea's, and aha's.  We had to settle ourselves down to stay focused on where we're at so we can finish strong where we're at.

Once again we worked on Classical Conversations Theme:

INSPIRING LIFE FROM A HEART OF HUMILITY

Our devotion on humility was SO good!  The Lord ministered to our hearts as we had conversations about what it means to view ourselves as servants, instead of leaders.  Isn't it funny how those words mean the same thing, but they paint a totally different picture of how to lead?

Our discussion revolved around the fact that many times when pride is leading the way WE are not even aware that it has crept in.  

It shows up as needing to have OUR IDEA'S promoted, OUR THOUGHTS heard.  We desire to be right more than we desire to be holy.  Our prayer is that God would alert us immediately when this creeps in.  


Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes WISDOM! Proverbs 11:2  (Shared by both Brenda AND Gina, unbeknownst to one another)

Brenda shared her testimony of how God took away her strength theme of FUTURISTIC so that she could not plan or dream about her homeschool future like she always had.  It was in that season of humility that HE gave her far more than she could have ever dreamed or plan herself. 


Terri shared from a very powerful book by Andrew Murray.  It's a 31 day devotion on "Abiding" and it's based on John 15.  It so spoke to my heart because it doesn't get any busier than where we're at now through June.  I find myself being pulled in many different directions.  The lie in my head is that I want to run home, close the doors, shut the blinds, and go back to just being mom.  Serving is hard, I find myself tired.  

And then.....

"The most heavily laden branches bow the lowest".

I literally stopped in my tracks.  I want to be comfortable.  I want my branch to be "light". (aka: easy)  But it's now, (in this moment) in the busiest season that I find myself more dependent on God than ever.  

My flesh wants to retreat, but my spirit simply wants me to bow.  

Thank you, Terri for sharing!


Gina brought tears to our eyes as she shared the heartache she experienced this year, walking through being a foster parent.  She gave God all the glory.  It was a JOY to hear how HE is working in her heart.  


Here are just a few of her verses:


If My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, pray, seek, crave, and require of necessity My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 (AMPLIFIED)

 Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you,  Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. ~ 1 Peter 5:6-7 (AMPLIFIED)



For lunch I had woken early and made chicken curry.  Can you believe I walked out of my house and left it sitting on the counter?  Thank you Brenda Sain for sharing your left over roasted chicken to go with our salad.  I so deeply love and appreciate you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment