Photobucket

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Which Will You Choose, Mary? - Coffee W/ Jesus



I had such a rich time with The Lord this morning as I read through my devotional, Jesus Calling, and then through John 18.


Today's Take-Away:


"My kingdom is not an earthly Kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. BUT MY KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD"- John 18:36


I am so thankful for the Word of truth and Life! It is so easy to get caught up doing things I love to do. Those things that offer instant gratification. The problem is that though it may start truly as the Lords Will, I can take it and run with it in my flesh.


"The mind governed by the FLESH is DEATH, but the mind governed by the SPIRIT is LIFE & PEACE." - Romans 8:6


Praise the Lord for His Holy Spirit......When I'm "off" track my Spirit recognizes it before my brain. Out of nowhere, there is suddenly NO JOY in the midst of doing the things I love so very much.


Why am I eternally grateful? Because this world and all the things that belong to it will perish, but the WORD of The Lord will stand FOREVER!!! I don't ever want to get caught up in things that are here today and gone tomorrow. Left to myself, (apart from God) that is exactly what I would do.


"Search me O God and know my heart, test me and know my thoughts, point out anything in me that offends you" - Psalm 139


"For my thoughts are nothing like Your thoughts, Mary Arnold! Neither are your ways My ways, says The Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts higher than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8-9


No comments:

Post a Comment