Photobucket

Friday, April 19, 2013

Renewing My Heart In A Forced FAST!



This past week and a half has been filled with fever, chills, vomiting, and more! Jacob started with a slight 24 hour fever and then it went to Seth....whoa! Seth was so sick that he could not stop throwing up even with anti-nausea medication. It lasted for days. Scott and I scrubbed, Lysol dis-infected, and aired the house, trying desperately to get all the germs out! Just as Seth perked up, it was my turn. It was horrible, but turned out to be INCREDIBLE!


In the very depths of my fever and chills, I cried out to God and HE rescued me. Everything was put to the side. I had to wipe my calendar clean for one whole week. It was during this time that the Lord renewed my heart in ways I could have never imagined or fathomed. He was my Jehovah Rapha, (Healer) and my fortress.


The flu allowed my body and my spirit to become hungry. It was a forced FAST of sorts. As food was reintroduced, I found myself craving only healthy, whole, good, nutritious, foods. In the same way, as i fasted from TV, computer, and pressing projects, God's WORD reigned supreme!


God's currency is so different than man's, Rather than feeling behind, I feel right on track! FASTING is a funny, wonderful, incredible, thing. It gives us time to reset our personal GPS with Christ as the ultimate destination. Our circumstances, tasks, and obligations don't change, but our hearts sure do.


Personally, for me, I am in the thick of the busiest season of my year. Rather than feeling overwhelmed, I now feel INVIGORATED!!! Rather than focusing all the minute details required to complete my tasks, God instead changed my heart and showed me the wonderful relationships being built while we serve Him. Rather than trying to get through upcoming events, I now look forward to Savoring, enjoying, participating, and being present in each and every one of them.

To GOD Be The Glory!



No comments:

Post a Comment