Photobucket

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Resetting My Compass- Coffee W/ Jesus



I am so thankful for the gift of my "forced fast" this past week. It has truly made me hunger for more of my Jesus! My habit of my quiet time may have still been in tact prior to the flu, and God certainly did speak to me in the midst of my time with Him, but it was not nearly as fulfilling as when I show up hungry, empty of the things of this world.

I am completing my jaunt through John today and my eyes fell upon 17:17:

" Sanctify them [purify, consecrate, separate them for yourself, make them holy] by the Truth; YOUR WORD IS TRUTH."

Yes! Lord I beg you to sanctify me. Set me apart from this world. I am yours. Sanctify my husband and my children too! Lord, let us be busy for you! As I come to you each morning with a hunger for holiness, I ask you to take your life-giving Word and to change me.

My take-away this morning:

1- Eating from an overfilled plate of responsibility will ALWAYS dull down the fullness of my relationship with The Lord!

2- He is more important than my best idea or intentions!

3- He loves me just the same today, yesterday, and tomorrow---HIS faithfulness does not change based on mine!


Resetting My Compass: Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2 AMP)





No comments:

Post a Comment