Photobucket

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Church....New Testament Style!



This Sunday we were blessed by dear friends who sweetly invited us to join them for a time of worship, reading through the Word, and eating.  My heart was inspired as we sought the Lord together through fellowship and conversation.



I am so thankful that Heather's husband asked if I'd be willing to talk with his wife about homeschooling so many years ago.  She is a humble, precious sister-in-the-Lord.  I love walking with her as she parents her six beautiful children in grace and integrity.  She and her husband Tim have been such a blessing to our family over the years. 



We opened with a time of worship.  My favorite part was allowing our children to pick the songs.


Tim opened us in prayer.  

I prayed through my pictures.  Capturing an event or special moment through my camera brings (for me) the entire experience to LIFE!  I had forgotten how much I loved this the past year when my other camera broke.


Tim, humbly led us through a group reading of 2 Corinthians.  We went around the room and everyone (including the children) read directly from the Word.  Tim then read through the chapter one more time and we began to dissect and dig into God's meaning.  It's amazing how much more we take away when we add conversation and others to our learning.  






Then it was time to eat!







 




And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.- Hebrews 10:25
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment