Photobucket

Monday, July 22, 2013

Priorities.....




Today I was scheduled to do many different things.  My calendar was busting at the seams.  Doctors appointment, phone calls to be returned, housekeeping that needed to get done, dinner to make, website to work on, and the list goes on...... 


As I woke early and began making my lists I felt overwhelmed and agitated that I needed to drop Colton off at grandma's at 8:30.  I needed to get in and get out to make it to an appointment 40 minutes away.  It was not a conscious thought, but somewhere in the midst of my crazy schedule my grandmother became an obligation that needed to be checked off my to-do list.


As I sat with the Lord I began to feel conviction.  Where are my priorities?  My grandmother has spent her whole life loving me unconditionally.  How many times did she drive from St.Pete to Palm Harbor to pick me up when I was a little girl?  (Every.Single.Friday) I'm certain it wasn't convenient after teaching a classroom full of first graders all day long.  Never once did she make me feel as though I was an obligation or a box to be checked. 


In the midst of my quiet time the Lord sweetly and gently nudged my heart to cancel my other plans and to instead spend my time simply sitting and soaking with this woman I love so very much.


I wish there were words that could paint the picture of pure joy on her face when I walked in and told her I decided to cancel everything and spend the morning with her.  There we sat, cups of coffee in hand, reminiscing, dreaming, sharing our hearts.    



I am so thankful that I serve a living God who loves me enough to convict my heart when I get out of hand and make plans that line up with this world.   I'm overwhelmed at the blessing obedience brings when I stop and listen to the ONE who has planned out every single day of my life. 


"For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  Plans to give you a HOPE and a FUTURE!"  Jeremiah 29:11

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment