Photobucket

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Update At The Arnold's!





Last February my MacBook started acting funny.  It sounded like a plane getting ready to take off.  I thought it was overheating.  After  making sure that all the vents were dust free and well ventilated, I realized it was much more than that.  It went from making noises to simply shutting down.  I would be in the middle of working on a project, or the boys would be doing a school and it would just die.  It finally just completely quit in May and I've been living off my Ipad Mini ever since.  Oh how I love my mini, but there are just some things that are so much easier to do on a regular computer.  



Fast Forward to yesterday when the UPS man brought our new MacBook Pro.  Literally I could have cried.  It's a good thing I wasn't home because I would have probably tackled him.  I had forgotten how much easier it is to work using a regular keypad.  Especially right now while registering all my families for our Classical Conversations Community.  


I do not take this gift for granted for one second.  I am so thankful and grateful for the blessing of technology.  My prayer is that I will use this device for HIS glory and to carefully guard my heart so that it does not become a stumbling block or idol that pulls me away from that which is most important.  Though, I wouldn't chose to go without a computer that long ever again, I am very thankful for the FAST.  




 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment