Photobucket

Friday, July 12, 2013

Tampa Practicum - Day TWO!


 


God is SO good!  Day two was a blast and a blessing.  My biggest prayer going into this practicum was that the Lord would renew and revive my heart before I ever stepped up to say one word.  I love Classical Conversations and what it has done for our family.  It's redeeming my education and my love of learning!  It's also giving me the accountability I so desperately need.  My fear was that I would become dulled down or complacent with the information.  My concern was that I would not represent the Lord as passionately in this fourth and final practicum.



  As you can see above......HE DID EXCEEDINGLY MORE THAN I COULD EVER ASK!


I'm so glad I had the concern, because it caused me to desperately cling to the cross of everlasting truth!  My heart is so on fire for HIM, for them, and for what HE is going to do this next new school year in my own home.  He is GOOD!  As I spend time with Him each morning and fill up on HIS life-changing, supernatural, everlasting, all empowering Word, HE IS FAITHFUL!  Faithful to stoke my fire and to make it BRAND NEW!  


I've loved all the practicums, but I've loved the timing of this one most.  Why?  Because it's launching us into our new school year, rather than closing it out.  I've loved it so much that we've made our Pinellas Practicum next July.  What a wonderful way to begin your new school year. 




 Day two was Deanna's turn to share her Support Manager vision with our audience.  She was so cute. Her heart for the Lord is transparent and her love for Leigh's vision of growth was contagious.  I'm so thankful that I get the change to know her better this next year.  It's fun serving with others.  The Lord truly does knit our hearts together as we work towards the same goal!



"I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was GOD who made it grow.  It's not important who does the planting, or who does the watering.  What's important is that God makes the seed grow.  The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. - 1 Corinthians 3:6-8




 


Lynn, truly inspired our heart as she shared her passion for growing in understanding.  Yesterday, she led by example as she worked through difficult math problems that she was not completely understanding.  Why did she do this?  To show that, as we humble ourselves in the Lord, as we have conversations with others, as we seek Him with all of our hearts, GOD is the one that helps us grasp those concepts that our flesh wants to give up on.  


 

Lynn has taught me that doing hard things has such purpose.  My flesh loves to do what I love to do, but my spirit rejoices as I do those things that I don't necessarily want to do and push through.  On the other side is an indwelling of JOY that I would have never experienced if I had allowed my flesh and emotions (desires) to dictate my life.





 On day two one of the things we've begun doing is bringing up our tutors to read through the tutor creed.  In a nutshell, the tutor creed (Very loosely paraphrased below)  is the heart of leadership within community:

  • Lead by being a humble learner yourself
  • Exert resourcefulness
  • Help empower parents in their role as their child's teacher
  • Encourage your families
  • Work with (not in place of) your parents



This was just a glimpse, there are actually seven points to the creed.  Why do I love this portion of our morning program?  Because it ties the hearts of parents and tutors.  It reminds all of us of the great privilege we've been given to parent and educate our children.  We only get one shot and we can never do it over again.  We want to make every single second count.  Our kids are growing up so fast.  Being in community reminds us of why we're doing what we're doing.







Below is a snapshot of my favorite moment.  Testimonies from the audience!  Let me clarify that the testimonies are not of man, but of how the Lord is speaking to them.  This precious woman of God humbly shared how Lynn's testimony of sitting with our children while they do school (even when we have so many other things to get done) convicted her heart not to push away, but to pull them alongside. 





 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment