Photobucket

Thursday, July 18, 2013

New Camera!




Scott and I have been waiting patiently to get a new camera.  I have been happily using my Iphone and living my life.  



My beloved Sony Cybershot broke last year and I've been living "happily" off my iPhone.  I use my iPhone camera to document our life and it has served our purpose well.  However, my handsome husband and I are about to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary with a a cruise to Alaska this September.   I cannot imagine being there and not being able to zoom in and capture photo's from the glaciers, whales, and wildlife.  This is a once-in-a-lifetime legacy get away and I want to share it with my children and our family for years to come.



I began searching for a good zoom camera not expecting to feel the need to make a purchase, yet.  I was in my "dream" mode when I began looking on my Amazon Prime account.  However,   when the Canon SX-500 came up as best in it's class for point and shoots  with 30X Zoom I was fascinated.  Add that it was 108.00 off retails.  Well, let's say, I just wanted to be a good steward. (grin)



Below are some of my first shots.....I have a lot to learn.  I'm in the "grammar" stage of learning with this new camera.





Off to meet with my old Salt and Light ladies and then meeting with homeschoolers who want to know more about Classical Conversations.  But to keep it real, I need to do math and laundry first!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment