Photobucket

Sunday, November 27, 2016

He Takes My Breath Away!


 

One of the key tools we learn in the Freedom Workshop is that we should allow our feelings to be indicators that get us to God.  Feelings are real, but that doesn't necessarily make them true.  

So, this morning I am sitting here having a leisure time of getting moving.  It seemed like everything was going well, until it wasn't.  Out of nowhere I began to feel hopeless...like a sheep without a shepherd.  I didn't even realize that a fox had stole into my vineyard to steal my fruit.  (Aka: Peace)  

I sent my Jesus-loving sister this text:

Will you pray for me today?  I am not possessing my possessions.  Every single scripture, book, conversation I'm a part of seems to have the words...self control, discipline, and fasting.  They keep coming up.  He is making His will so clear and yet, I am struggling.  This is the way, Mary, walk in it.  But I don't.  Ugh.  I need a heart change so that I can have a behavior change.  

As soon as I had hit the enter key.  I heard (through the power of the Holy Spirit) the Lord tell me to just pick up where I left off in my bible reading.  This was His immediate response:

 

The enemy of my soul wanted me to think that I have no hope.  The truth is I am a sinner (saved by beautiful glorious grace) but I am not without H.O.P.E.!  HE IS MY HOPE.  The word "Continue" stands out to me.  What's the answer to my dilemma?  Continue crying out, continue asking, continue knocking, continue seeking,  continue talking to HIM and not to myself.  

 
Let us not grow weary or become discouraged in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap, if we do not give up.--Galatians 6:9

No comments:

Post a Comment