Photobucket

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Finding Fruit And Flinging Foxes



 

What does Finding Fruit And Flinging Foxes mean?  

I deeply desire to walk in the fruits of the Spirit....Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, SELF-CONTROL!  Foxes are those thoughts and behaviors that steal the fruit...my flesh is a FOX!  My battle is learning to love God more than I love how food comforts my heart.    I must stop trying to control my behavior and instead get on my knees so that Christ can transform the way I think.


I believe with every fiber of my being that I serve a God who delights in rescuing us when we are at the very end of ourselves.  


"Your life must bear the fruits of turning toward righteousness." 
-- Matthew 3:8 

 

My personal fruit shows that in this particular area I run to food, specifically sugar, more than I run to God when I am overwhelmed, needing rest, feeling anxious.  I want to change that by allowing God to take my breath away with His Holy Spirit power!


I didn't realize how much my "idol" was effecting my health until one day when we were out with my grandmother and I forgot to bring my ibuprofen.  I had a Fibro Flare up.  By the end of our errands that day every joint cried out when barely bumped.  I had a hard time concentrating on conversations and found myself dreaming of how much longer until I could go home and take some medicine.  I have Fibromyalgia and the one thing that most causes flare-ups is S.U.G.A.R!  When a flare up happens you have to ride it out. I was 47 years old and felt like I was 87. 

But {Mary} if your heart turns away you will not hear and obey, but you will be drawn away to worship other gods {food} and serve them, I declare to you today that YOU WILL CERTAINLY PERISH.  YOU WILL NOT LIVE LONG in the land which you crossed the Jordan to enter and possess. I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today, that I HAVE SET BEFORE YOU LIFE AND DEATH, the blessing and the curse; therefore, you shall choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants.-- Deuteronomy 30:17-19


So, how do I choose life?  

 


I cry out to God without holding back.  Oh that God would listen to me. (Psalm 77:1)


I have no obligation whatsoever to do what my sinful nature is urging me to do.  For if I keep on following it I WILL PERISH, but if through the POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, I turn away from it I will LIVE!  Romans 8:12-13


"Not by might nor by power, but by MY SPIRIT says the Lord."  Zachariah 4:6


Do not copy the behaviors and customs of this world, but LET GOD TRANSFORM AND CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK.  Then you will know what God wants you to do and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect His will really is.  Romans 12:2


Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, BUT THOSE WHO ARE CONTROLLED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT think about things that please the Spirit.  If your sinful nature controls your mind, there is death.  But if the Holy Spirit controls your mind, there is life and peace.  Romans 8:5-7


Don't your realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master?  You can choose sin, which leads to death, or YOU CAN CHOOSE TO OBEY GOD and receive HIS approval.  Romans 6:16



PERSONAL PLAN OF ACTION

"So, choose this day whom you will serve"

--Joshua 24:15

No comments:

Post a Comment