Photobucket

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Arichived Post- The Worst Convention EVER!



I am bringing over archived posts from my old blog that I don't want to ever forget.  My old blog will eventually be deleted and I do not want to miss out on our family memories!  I will try to include the dates for accuracy sake. 

Original Post- The Worst Convention Ever - 6/5/2010 
Our plans are not “HIS” plans!



This homeschool convention has been one of the worst experiences of my life, both physically and emotionally!


I wait all year for this single event.  My heart beats in anticipation days before we leave.  I spend hours pouring through my conference catalog highlighting the speakers I want to go and hear.  I strategically budget new curriculum, plan girl time, and pack my suitcase in readiness to be inspired for another year of homeschooling! 
 However, it didn’t go that way this particular year. As I type this out, it is the last day of convention and I have not seen one speaker, nor spent one penny in the convention center. My weekend has been filled with horrible pain, nausea, illness and even a visit to the hospital here in beautiful Orlando, as I’ve passed another kidney stone. 

My doctor who normally treats me was going out of town and for some reason he chose this weekend to refer me off to the hospital, instead of working with me himself.


I have to admit. Until about 30 minutes ago I was feeling really sorry for myself. My precious friends have been so dear to pray, but as I go to their rooms and hear them chatting about the great speaker they heard, or see their piles of books they purchased, I feel left out, forgotten. I begin to hear a whisper in my heart that I shouldn’t have come and that this was all for not, all a waste of time and money. Poor me, Poor me, Poor me…..


Then my KNIGHT AND SHINING ARMOR rides across the heavens to help me, across the skies in MAJESTIC splendor (Duet 33:26) and here is what He reminds me of:


“Consider it pure joy, Mary, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” James 1:2-4


“Blessed is the woman who perseveres under trial, because when she has stood the test, she will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” James 1:12


“Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious, the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies. ” Philippians 4:6-10

Isn’t it amazing how quickly your perspective can change when you allow the Lord to wash away the things of this world and create a clean heart? 

I’m quickly packing my things so I don’t have to come back later for check out, and then off to get a big cup of coffee and hit the vendor hall. I can’t wait to hear Carla Calvert speak about leaving a legacy for my family.


I don’t have the answers about why I have so many kidney stones, (The ER doctor made a joke that my kidneys look like a rock quarry)  I don’t know why my doctor made the decisions he did this weekend?  But I do know this: No one but God alone is in control of my life and He will never leave me, nor forsake me. He is always looking out for my best interest. He is here in this hotel room with me right now!  Because of HIS great love I went from feeling like a victim to walking in VICTORY! 

UPDATE 2012:  I ended up leaving the doctor who abandoned me in Orlando and found a medical doctor who specializes in holistic medicine as well.  After weeks of I.V. therapy he helped to dissolve many of the kidney stones and I've only passed three since this post.  PRAISE THE LORD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment