Photobucket

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Finding Faith In The Midst Of Fear!


 
This past Friday I had to have two surgical procedures in my doctors office that seemed scary.  The first was a hysteroscopy and the other was a D&C. 



In the past these procedures have been done while under general anesthesia in the hospital, but doctors offices are now starting to offer them in their own private offices. 



The PRO'S are that the risk is greatly decreased because you are not being put under with general anesthesia.  The recovery time is faster.  The expenses are greatly decreased. 



The CON'S are that you are awake. (grin)  Though they do try to make you comfortable.  Let me share what my medication schedule looked like:




At exactly 10:15 I had to take 10mg of Valium.


10:30  Percocet.


10:45 10 more mg of Valium.


11:00am:



One shot of Toradol!



In the midst of this I noticed something very, VERY interesting:



I noticed that there were exactly 11 leaves in all the groupings on the wallpaper.  It was consistently like that through the whole waiting room. (grin)


Next came the waiting.  They wanted the medication to be fully in place before beginning the procedure.  Scotty and I had a BLAST while waiting.  We sang, I Wish I Was An Oscar Myer Weiner,  My bologna has a first name, Armour Hotdogs, and I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony!  



Next came the posing for pictures.  You probably should never give a patient access to a camera and facebook when they are on that much medication..... 







Just as I was starting to forget what we were there for the nurse came in to carry (I mean to walk me back) to the surgical room.  It had the wonderfully sterile feel and smell to everything, and I noticed there were LOTS of needles and probes.  All of a sudden all the medication didn't seem to make one bit of difference.  I wanted to RUN in the opposite direction!




I am so thankful that the Lord rescued me from myself.  Just as I was about to go down the road of fear, Christ poured out HIS perfect LOVE!


I kid you not!  I was nervous but that paralyzing, fist-tightening, knuckle-whitening fear was G.O.N.E.


Mary, you have no obligation whatsoever to do what your sinful nature is urging you to do. (freak out) If you keep on following it you will perish. (I would have been a wreck!) BUT if through the power of the HOLY SPIRIT you turn from it (and to to HIM) you will LIVE!  Romans 8:12:-14  Aaaahhhhh......FREEDOM!


 I have the BEST doctor in the whole world.  She began talking with me about anything and everything but what she was doing.  When it began to hurt intensely she walked me through a refresher lamaze course and encouraged me that it would be over soon.  She kept telling me how well I was doing and reminded me that I could do this!  Oh How I love Dr. Delgado!


I barely remember the drive home, (Scott drove) but I do remember looking at Instagram and seeing this picture: 

My girlfriend Christa had posted this picture on facebook stating that she was wearing hoops in honor of her sweet friend who was having a very uncomfortable procedure.  Next thing I know another friend (Brenda Sain) was wearing her hoops to show her support as well.  


I am so thankful for the incredible people who prayed, I could feel them saturating me.  I received precious texts and emails of encouragement, and even had two yummy dinners over the weekend! 

 Thank you, Lynn Doto!  



 These Pumpkin Whoopie Pies were to DIE for! 






Mrs. Mullins has a tradition of making us her world-famous, homemade chicken pot pie.  Between she and Lynn, I think the boys would like me to go have more surgeries, LOL!

 YUM!
 

I caught Scott eating the last of one of the pies and thought his face was so cute.  I HAD to capture the expression!  I love this man of mine who makes my life so complete!  



Thank you to every one that prayed.  If you didn't know about this, please know that I never got to send out a big email, as my grandmother had a major medical crisis the day before this surgery and it thew me off.  I know you love me!  Praise the Lord for the incredible friends and family HE gives to us.  We never have to walk alone!


Finding Faith In The Midst Of Fear can only come from God!



 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment